is it really that time again?
I surreptitiously ticked the 38 mark this year.
And do you know what the first thing that came to my mind was? Something I had always heard the ‘older’ folk say, “Jesus! time fly’s”. And with this wisdom milestone comes a deep feeling that the simple things are simply good (Or awesome).
Haley and I have been together for all of 8 years now and there is one thing about this special soul that makes me feel loved. She is the BEST gift giver I know. Each gift is personal and truly for me. No last minute token presents from this girl! I love receiving gifts from Haley because I know that she has taken her time to think about what I would really love or simply need.
Ladies (Mums, Gents…..or Haley) I must disclose that this list is by no means for me. The intention of this post is to provide some inspiration for the Christmas season upon us, it’s about giving you, the gift giver, inspiration for the man in her/his life.
Things us boys will always love.
The annual staple. Mum would always buy a new batch of underwear and socks for us, as kids. Haley will always throw in a new pair or two, or some socks. They generally have a 12month shelf life, so it’s a perfect gift that your man will appreciate
First up, the do! Over the last few years I have become a big fan of Triumph & Disaster. I will disclose that this particular product from T&D was a gift BUT straight up, I only use products I really love, especially when it comes to the do. The Fibre Royale is actually one of the best ‘fibre’ products I have used. I don’t use much at all and it smells awesome. Worth it’s weight in gold.
Another T&D product that I use on the daily I really have to thank Haley for. Her skin is amazing because day in and day out she looks after it. So, following suit, I have my daily face wash routine. Again, I use T&D but this time I purchased this baby. The Ritual Face Cleanser is a goodie ladies.
At the tender age of 21 I had never read a book from cover to cover. However, on my 21st birthday I received a book that changed my life forever. It was the first book I ever read cover to cover (Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki).
From that day on a became a book worm and at one time was trying to read a 60+ books a year. I am not sure if your man will love these but here are a few that have made a lasting impression on my life;
- The Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahamsa Yogananda
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki (Business/investing/money)
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari (Philosophy)
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss (Life/Investing/Business)
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris (Life/Investing/Business/Health)
- The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (Spirituality/Philosophy)
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg (Business/Life)
- The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman (Spirituality/Philosophy)
- The Power of Now by Eckart Tolle (Spirituality/Philosophy)
- The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort
Gadgets or gadget accessories
I’m a tech geek so love all things Apple and tech etc but also love stuff to help keep me organised.
- Cordito’s or chord taco's for cords. These are like little wraps that help keep them secure. Haley made me one and ever since I've been hooked. You can find some awesome one's at This Is Ground.
- Sleeves or satchels etc for holding laptops or documents. Haley gifted me one a while ago (before she stopped buying leather). I'ts by P.A.P and she got mine from Duct Tape for all of you Kiwi's. They sell non-leather sleeves too.
Now, there are loads more things I could suggest, like; experiences (these stand the test of time), sneakers, Apple air pods (I hear they are amazing HALEY), guitar accessories, Apple air pods. tools, car cleaning products, just keep it simple.
Merry Xmas ladies and gents, I hope you find some inspiration in this post.